Indications, Usage, Dosage and Administration
Zometa is a bisphosphonate indicated for the treatment of:
- Hypercalcemia of malignancy.
- Patients with multiple myeloma and patients with documented bone metastases from solid tumors, in conjunction with standard antineoplastic therapy.Prostate cancer should have progressed after treatment with at least one hormonal therapy.
Important limitation of use: The safety and efficacy of Zometa has not been established for use in hyperparathyroidism or nontumor-related hypercalcemia.
Hypercalcemia of malignancy
- 4 mg as a single-use intravenous infusion over no less than 15 minutes.
- 4 mg as retreatment after a minimum of 7 days.
Multiple myeloma and bone metastasis from solid tumors.
- 4 mg as a single-use intravenous infusion over no less than 15 minutes every 3-4 weeks for patients with creatinine clearance of greater than 60 mL/min.
- Reduce the dose for patients with renal impairment.
Hypersensitivity to any component of Zometa